Compact, High Speed Telescope Mounts...
RC Optical Systems 20" Mersenne on a Compact Telescope Mount. This mount has a Coudé Path with 4 inch clear aperture. See video here.
Adding to the Elevation over Azimuth line, RCOS has developed a family of Compact Telescope Mounts. These systems are designed to occupy minimal space while still delivering large payloads and performance.
Many of the support electronics are designed into the base of the fork greatly simplifying wiring and assembly and reduces costs to manufacture. These mounts are designed to be field serviceable with readily available commercial off the shelf components.
Notable features of the Compact Telescope Mount include:
- Steel Weldment construction from FEA based designs.
- Optional slip ring in azimuth for continuous rotation.
- Sealed high precision turntable bearing in azimuth with direct drive brushless Torque Motor.
- RCOS designed Controller matched to the performance requirements.
- Pointing accuracy better than 15 micro radians, as measured at the encoder, at max velocity and acceleration.
- Optical payload can be easily removed and replaced with alternative instrument configurations.